Probable causes of and how to lessen dark circles under eyes, wrinkles under the eyes & the best therapy treatments for puffy eyes & puffiness over the eyelid.
Simply this afternoon, we examined a 23-year-old patient who was gorgeous a girl from Kolkata, India. The woman had gorgeous eyes, but with dark circles, hollows under the eyes (tear trough deformity), and puffiness in the under eye location and over the eyes. She had visited a plastic & reconstructive surgery colleague in Kolkata, who’d done a lower eyelid blepharoplasty (eyelid Bags/ eyelid fat treatment) surgery therapy. After the eyelid surgery, the dark circles as well as the puffiness under the eyes had in fact intensified. Furthermore, the woman had started to develop “hollows in the under-eye area“, as a result of tear trough abnormality, worsened by excessive fat elimination during the blepharoplasty surgery. The woman as well as the cosmetic plastic surgeon had been both confused at the event. This set into motion a chain/ tragedy of additional mistakes. The dark blemishes had been thought to be due to a lack of orbital septum (mistakenly, of course) and the woman had been inserted with under-eye fillers (Restylane Injection and once that did not work, Juvederm fillers). This, eventually, led to a bag-like under-eye swelling. Until we saw her in the present day.
See the Dark Circle Treatment before and after photos-
Just what led to this confusion? Had it been a misdiagnosis? Was there a need for surgery? Just how could the dark circles and puffy eyes have been treated better?
Before we get into an in-depth comprehension of just what in fact occurred, the very first concern that requires to be quizzed by eyelid plastic and reconstructive surgeons is:
Is it Fat or is it Fluid in the Under-Eye location?
- Appropriate diagnosis is the very first and foremost action. Bags in the underneath eye location can be triggered by fat displacement or by fluid accumulation.
- Puffiness under the eyes is essentially triggered due to fat and fluid. Puffiness results whenever a fat pad that cushions the eye starts to pull away from the bone tissue of the reduced attention and sags due to age. Heredity makes this more of an issue for some individuals.
- Keeping water can additionally cause puffiness and dark blemishes, particularly in the early morning.
- The difference between fat and fluid in the underneath eye location is really crucial as fat displacement is treated by blepharoplasty eyelid surgery to reposition the fat, giving an increase to breathtaking eyes that appear young. For more information on aesthetic eyelid surgery/eyelid blepharoplasty surgery, see the Eyelid surgery area of our blog.
- But, under-eye (lower eyelid) blepharoplasty surgery will in fact aggravate a situation of fluid accumulation/ puffiness/under-eye dark circles. As soon as surgery is mistakenly done in an instance of fluid accumulation, the orbicularis oculi (eyelid muscle) pump action worsens and fluid accumulates all the more!
- Badly performed under-eye BOTOX aesthetic Injection treatments/ botox injections can in fact AGGRAVATE dark circles under the eye, puffy eyes, and eyelid puffiness. Post inappropriately administered Botox (Botulinum Toxin) Injections, the orbicularis oculi (eyelid muscle tissue) pump action can aggravate, and fluid accumulation increases!
Fluid accumulation in the under-eye location can be classified from fat displacement by the following mechanisms:
- Examination and palpation of the area of the bags will assist recognize the most likely source of your bags. If you push on the bags and you feel a give, in the muscle, you are inside the eye socket and the bags are most likely fat which is often reduced with eyelid surgery or a lower eye lift.
- If, having said that, whenever you have pressed the bag you feel bone tissue of the lower eye socket or cheek, they’re what’s called “fluid accumulation or “malar bags.” Malar bags are triggered by persistent fluid retention, or inflammation and will never be reduced with eyelid surgery.
- Fluid accumulation causing dark blemishes or eyelid puffiness (Malar bags), is triggered by fluid retention and is hereditary in nature. Bringing down sodium content in the diet can often assist reduce these bags. While some level of puffiness may be regular for an individual, factors such as age and tiredness may make the inflammation much more prominent. The peri-orbital (under eye) tissues are most significantly inflamed instantly after waking, maybe as a result of the gravitational redistribution of fluid in the horizontal position.
Treatment for Puffy eyelids, dark blemishes, and under-eye (peri-orbital) puffiness:
- Soft tissue fillers viz. Restylane, Juvederm, and Perlane can assist in feathering the edges of the fluid accumulation under eye regions of puffiness/malar bags making them less apparent. Fillers can additionally treat under eye hollows and a deep tear trough deformity really well. But, this must be done by an oculoplastic physician with sufficient expertise in the ocular and peri-orbital tissues; else you could truly get as troubled as the patient in the above-mentioned story.
- Basically, puffy eyes and under-eye puffiness are an extremely hard issue to treat and fractional carbon dioxide (CO2) laser epidermis resurfacing has yielded encouraging results in the therapy of the entity.
- Under attention dark circles are treated with a combination of the way of life modification, a devoted skincare routine, laser resurfacing, and under-eye creams for dark blemishes treatment. Some clients may additionally have related conditions like low hemoglobin which may require therapy.
Whenever selecting a physician to perform eyelid surgery and eyelid aesthetic filler therapy and Botox procedures, look for an aesthetic and reconstructive facial surgeon who specializes in oculoplastic surgery and surgery of the eyelids, orbit, and tear strain system. Oculoplastic surgeons have dual training in ophthalmology (eye surgery) and plastic surgery and for this reason are the best at dealing with the practical as well as the aesthetic aspects of eyelid conditions/ deformities efficiently.
Oculoplasty & Oculoplastic Operation in India
Oculoplasty Surgery is a quickly growing super-specialty in Asia, with numerous institutes today providing fellowship training programs for youthful Oculoplastic surgeons. There had been a time when eyelid and orbital surgeries had been done by basic plastic surgeons – That is akin to visiting a French conversing instructor for learning English! For orbital, eyelid, lacrimal, brow, and mid-face surgery, be sure to look for and seek an opinion from a great oculoplastic physician. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and many other Indian towns and cities will have a handful. Many of the top oculoplastic surgeons are trained in the Western globe and have actually returned to India post that and expenses will be 1/5th the costs you’d spend in the United States, Europe, or Singapore.
How to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes
If you want to know how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes, then this is the right place. If knowing how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes is important to you, then read on.
To know how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes, it pays to know as much about the problems as possible. The more you know, the better it will be for you to find how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes out. So if you need to know how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes, it will make sense to know as much as possible.
So how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes? Well here are some answers.
1. Taking care of your diet is the first thing you need to do if you are looking for answers to how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes. To know how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes, diet is very important. So the sooner you learn about how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes, the better it is.
2. The next step how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes is not giving way to stress in life. Knowing how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes will ensure that if there is stress in your life, you get rid of it as soon as possible. The earlier you do this, the easier it will be for you to know how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes.
3. The third thing to know about how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes is to apply something moistening to the eyes regularly to keep them hydrated.
4. Many of these suggestions will not work for you. In this case, you should consider filler injections treatment and blepharoplasty surgery, performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon and oculoplastic surgeon in Mumbai, India.
When you know how to reduce bags under the eyes and puffy eyes, you will see results almost immediately.
Dr. Debraj Shome is amongst the most experienced facial plastic surgeons in the world, with many thousand eyelid procedures performed in his career. Dr. Shome is co-founder of The Esthetic Clinics ®, a chain of cosmetic centers located in Mumbai, India.