- Drooping of eyelid is medically termed as ptosis or blepharoptosis. The sagging of upper eyelid covers the entire (or) part of the pupil that would affect the peripheral vision of the individual but it would not be painful. However, droopy eyes are not a disease but it is an isolated problem that could change the appearance of the person without affecting the health. Here is what you need to know about how to lift droopy eyes with minor surgery.
- Causes of droopy eyelid – Droopy eyelid may occur due to several factors such as due to ageing, trauma and sometimes it happens due to medical disorders. Generally the levator muscle has control over lifting the eyelid. But when people gets aged actually the muscle gets weaken and stretches thus causes the eyelid to extremely droop. This may lead to accumulate excess fat above or below the eyelids, resulting in droopy upper eyelids and bags under the eye area which gives the aged look to the individuals
- Blepharoplasty surgery to lift droopy eyes – Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty is a surgical treatment that aids to improve the appearance of the eyelids and also to rectify the difficulty with eyelid functions. Before starting the surgical procedures the recipients are given general anaesthesia or intravenous sedation to comfort them. A small incision is made on the upper eyelid within the natural crease in order to remove excess fat and skin. Then it is followed by a suture to close the incision and thus allows forming a new eyelid crease. In lower eyelid surgery the incision is made just below the lower lash line and through which the excess skin is removed and the excess fat can be removed or repositioned. There is yet another incision method performed in lower eyelid and that is termed as transconjunctival incision, in which the incisions are made inside the lower eyelid but without eliminating the skin the excess fat is either repositioned or removed.
- Post-surgery care – Post-surgery care is very important since it helps the recipients to stay infection-free. Initial recovery may include eye swelling, bruising, dry eyes and discomfort which may gradually subside in a week time. Cold packs will help reduce eye irritation and other discomfort. But warm compresses have to be applied only after 48 hours to foster healing. For first 2 weeks usage of contact lens is strictly forbidden. Recipients should practice diligent sun protection and it is advisable to prefer darkly tinted sunglasses until the complete healing.
- In the past few years eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty is becoming a most sought after surgical treatment for droopy eyelid. It is utmost important to choose the highly-qualified oculoplastic and facial plastic surgeon who has years of training and experiences in performing the blepharoplasty surgery. At debrajshome.com the recipients can find wide varieties of services and treatment for droopy eyelid. The website has most renowned and multi-specialised surgeons who guarantee to provide world-class treatment.