Dr Debraj Shome is a surgeon, specialised in Facial Plastic Surgery and Facial Cosmetic Surgery and is based in Mumbai, India. He is the co-founder and director at The Esthetic Clinics, which has multiple centres all over India (https://www.theestheticclinic.com/about/doctors/debraj-shome.html). Dr. Shome is the Chief Author of the best-selling book from Bloomsbury – ‘Dear People, With Love & Care, Your Doctors’ (http://www.dearpeople.in). This was released in August 2009 & has rapidly scaled the best seller non-fiction charts all over India.This book is a collection of heartfelt stories by doctors and patients from across the globe. These are stories of triumph, empathy, positivity, loss and, sometimes, failure. It goes one step ahead and captures the experience of people who surround a doctor-the mother of a doctor, a surgeon’s husband and an acid attack survivor-stories that underline that a doctor too is a human being after all. The forward for the book is written by His Holiness The Dalai Lama.
Riveting and absolutely unputdownable, Dear People gives an inside view of the world of medicine and hopes to inspire millions to retain faith in this beautiful relationship.
Dr Shome has received many awards from numerous agencies and is known for his breakthrough innovations in facial plastic surgery. He has more than 55 research papers written in top peer-reviewed international publications along with a US patent to his credit.
The list of The Esthetic Clinics recently published research papers:
- Does taking selfies lead to increased desire to undergo cosmetic surgery. Published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
- Use of Micro-focused ultrasound for skin tightening of Mid and Lower face. Published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Global open.
- Efficacy of Botulinum Toxin in Treating Asian Indian Patients with Masseter Hypertrophy: A 4-Year Follow-Up Study.Published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Global open.
- Two different types of botulinum toxins: Is there a difference in efficacy and longevity? Published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
- The Use of Deoxycholic Acid for the Clinical Reduction of Excess Submental Fat in Indian Patients. Journal of drugs in dermatology.
- Effect of Eyelid Crease Formation on Aesthetic Outcomes post Frontalis Suspension for Unilateral Ptosis.Published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Global open.